I came to know about this blog site thro' one of my in-laws, who inspired me in blogging.
Now straight to routines.....
I got the offer from TATA MOTORS Ltd -Engineering Research Centre, Pune and I had planned to reach Pune via Mumbai. That day I was bit tense since am leaving chennai. My parents and my brother had come to Airport to say bye. I saw tears in my parents' eyes and in my brother's too. I didn't feel that even I knew am leaving Chennai and my friends. But the last moment went deep in my heart and beeping inside aloud.
Checked in and was waiting to board. Made calls to all my friends and my voice went low after each call.
Arrived Mumbai remembering my friends' words 'Be careful with those Taxi walas waiting outside'. I had to go to CST Station to catch a train to Pune. I had enquired Pre paid taxi, they said 2 zeros after 7. Thank god! Saying to myself 'Now be careful in getting a taxi, outside'.
Came out, one taxi driver came to me and enquired I said only CST. He understood that I didn't know Hindi. He said 5 instead of 7. I said only 3, he replied in Hindi that CST is almost 45 kms (i knew it's only 20-22 kms), I walked off and he called back. Luggages were into their compartment at rear. He said pay now, I took 3 of 100 notes and gave him. Suddenly, he dropped off one note, said only 2 are there. I re-ensured with my wallet and 3 notes are off. I asked him to look down, you would have dropped. Then he realised that he can't cheat me anymore. Then took me to next cab, travel in this to CST. I agreed.
I was afraid that this new fellow would ask me again. I reconfirmed with him that I wouldn't pay anymore. He said OK. Then we started moving towards to CST, Mumbai.
This driver was good, started 'Mumbai is full of cheating' (spoke English little a bit), you would have paid 500, he added. No sir, I paid......... I made a full stop, should I say the truth, if i say 3 then only 3, good give me one more............ I said 4. Then he replied he has cheated you 150. It's actually 250. I was happy that I paid only 50 more. He said the names of all the places, I have son of your age, etc., I told him about my relocation. We reached CST. He said all the best, bye. Time : 14:00hrs
Then I was waiting for the train to Pune which would depart at 15:10. Had lunch, played Snakes and train arrived.
That was a 4 hrs journey. Got into the train, slept for a hour. Again into Snakes. Reached Pune and went to my friend's room in Sainikwadi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment