Thursday, June 21, 2007

First day in TML

Though I had 8 years of experience in Ashok Leyland, which was in Service, I was bit nervous on my first day (2 days after joining).

I was assigned to Engines group. I went to my boss (not Bachelor of Social Service, the real time boss). Where you wanted to work, Design or Development? Straightaway, the question was thrown to me.

My reply started, Actually......... Boss intervened, Ok, Design is where you will have to Analyse, do Pro-E, work on Catia, etc., and Development is like testing Engines for their performance, interfacing with vehicles, take test drive (Sillunu Oru Kadhal Surya was into my mind), etc.,

...............since I said actually before, I continued with, my profile matches with Development. the Big boss said(Boss's boss), Ok you be there for one week in our group and by that time you will finish all you joining formalities, settling in a flat, etc.,

I said ok, Now its over. I will be assigned to a Project in Passenger cars from tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I had an interaction with my boss (who was there in my Interview panel). Though you're from Service background, the onething impressed much was your performance in Graduation. Working from 9 to 5.30 and after reaching college, doing your studies and getting rewarded is something awesome. So you have the habit of reading books , knowing things and putting into action. (All these words were spelt out by my boss, nothing addition)
Please continue your worming into books and learn, learn and learn everytime. I said to myself, Ramesh it's now up to you to start a grand show in TML.

No comments: