DASARA............ That was the first Sunday leave for us in Pune, 21st October 07. We planned to start early to rove outside to crossword, E Square movie, etc., Have to start at 6.00am, said kumbhar. Sure da, I replied @ 02:30am, 21st October.
@7.10 : a call from chennai, woke me up. That was a thanks giving call for my gift. After the call got cut, I was shocked to see the time. Its 7.12am.
Saw a Missed call from kumbhar. Called him back, said come home @ 8am we'll start. Am already out, come to Deccan gymkhana, he added. Within one hour I will be there, was my answer.
I wanted to wash my clothes, take bath and leave. This has to happen in 0.5 hr since it takes minimum 0.5 hr to reach deccan from chinchwad. Dipped my clothes for washing, took a clean shave. Presuming the clothes would have got mixed up well, washed and dried it.
25 min over and should be there in 35 min. Took a short super fast bath in 15 min.
@8.25am: in chinchwad bus stand. Managed to get a bus in 10 min and a seat too inside the bus. Reached deccan @ 9.05am. We went to crossword, got some books and cds. Spent till 11.30 am in C/w and left for having lunch. I was ravenous for food since I didn't have my b/fast. Went to a restaurant nearby.
We were discussing about the next plan, will go home and sleep, will click a movie in the evening, I said. OK! was the reply.
While we were taking our food, kumbhar asked, you know 'puran poli'? I said No!, thinking that it's a name of a person. He said, What! you're an Indian, not knowing 'puran poli'? I got raged and asked him, do you know 'Mahakavi Bharthiyaar'?. Ya! He said. I had that only last week, we prepared in my room. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dey! Ennda soliputa neeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy.
I guffawed for a while, which made others to see us and he portended. Then I realized 'puran poli' is a dish.
I didn't know that puran poli is a dish and the worst part is that he didn't know that 'Mahakavi Bharthiyaar' was one of the greatest Tamil poets, a prolific writer, philosopher and a great visionary of immense genius...........
I thought Puran poli is a name of a great leader since he used 'what you're an indian.........? But what made him to even think that Mahakavi is a dish......... I am dread that I may be sued to write this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
machi nice article.
Keep going!
visit me at http://anandakavi.blogspot.com
Anbudan...Anandkumar
Post a Comment